Being a New York City resident, Donny Goines knows all about the ins, outs, ups, and downs of of the industry. Having gone through plenty of setbacks in his life, Goines uses his music as a way to express his frustrations – something you’ll find plenty of on his upcoming debut album, Minute After Midnight. On the project’s second single, an obviously irritated Goines informs the audience that they Can’t Fit In My Shoes. The record points out of the pressure of big money raps, while so many struggle just to pay the electric bill. With DJ Snips working the production end, however, Can’t Fit In My Shoes will certainly turn a few heads. Minute After Midnight will be released this December, when the nights are at their longest.
Written by Burmy on 10/22/08
Submit your Rating
Ink Different, Inc.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"What the People Want" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.