If you haven’t noticed him yet, then maybe it’s time to open your eyes and get with upcoming ATL rapper and DJBooth Freestyle alum Donnis. Fresh off the XXL Freshman Top 10 list, Donnis is continuing to make big moves in hopes of turning 2010 into his takeover year. With both an EP and a mixtape dropping on June 22, the world is about to get a whole lot of Donnis. From the aforementioned EP, entitled Fashionably Late, Donnis brings us his new single Yup. The banging production is compliments of veteran producer Needlz, and features heavy drums and some appealing synthesizers that will get your head bobbin. The only thing missing is a Rihanna sample…oh wait, it has that too. As far as Donnis’ flow, those familiar with his work won’t be disappointed. He comes in hungry and determined, and with a few punch lines to seal the deal, this is a solid single to represent the forthcoming project. So I like the track? “Yup, you know this,” but what do y’all think?
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.