If you haven’t noticed him yet, then maybe it’s time to open your eyes and get with upcoming ATL rapper and DJBooth Freestyle alum Donnis. Fresh off the XXL Freshman Top 10 list, Donnis is continuing to make big moves in hopes of turning 2010 into his takeover year. With both an EP and a mixtape dropping on June 22, the world is about to get a whole lot of Donnis. From the aforementioned EP, entitled Fashionably Late, Donnis brings us his new single Yup. The banging production is compliments of veteran producer Needlz, and features heavy drums and some appealing synthesizers that will get your head bobbin. The only thing missing is a Rihanna sample…oh wait, it has that too. As far as Donnis’ flow, those familiar with his work won’t be disappointed. He comes in hungry and determined, and with a few punch lines to seal the deal, this is a solid single to represent the forthcoming project. So I like the track? “Yup, you know this,” but what do y’all think?
Written by JRTheWriter on 05/20/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.