If you haven’t noticed him yet, then maybe it’s time to open your eyes and get with upcoming ATL rapper and DJBooth Freestyle alum Donnis. Fresh off the XXL Freshman Top 10 list, Donnis is continuing to make big moves in hopes of turning 2010 into his takeover year. With both an EP and a mixtape dropping on June 22, the world is about to get a whole lot of Donnis. From the aforementioned EP, entitled Fashionably Late, Donnis brings us his new single Yup. The banging production is compliments of veteran producer Needlz, and features heavy drums and some appealing synthesizers that will get your head bobbin. The only thing missing is a Rihanna sample…oh wait, it has that too. As far as Donnis’ flow, those familiar with his work won’t be disappointed. He comes in hungry and determined, and with a few punch lines to seal the deal, this is a solid single to represent the forthcoming project. So I like the track? “Yup, you know this,” but what do y’all think?
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.