When the going gets tough, it’s sometimes best to take a moment to look on the bright side. If you find yourself out of a job, for example, don’t let it bum you out—simply appreciate the fact that you have so much time to sit around the house and get High. Donnis, for one, is clearly aware of the benefits of optimism; though this newly-released track off his self-titled debut (which has yet to receive a release date) finds him flat broke and so hungry he could “eat the couch,” he can still enjoy the simple pleasures of recreational drug use. Donnis’ characteristically bouncy verses are backed by a lush, sampled instrumental courtesy of Detroit’s D. Focis, who readers may remember from the similarly mellow boardwork he contributed to Bobby Creekwater‘s Rainman. If this hypnotically catchy cut brightened up your day, keep it locked to the Booth for Donnis’ contribution to our exclusive freestyle series, coming later this month.
Written by richard on 04/6/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Smoke n' Drive ft. Big Sean, Donnis & Jackie Chain" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.