Parting ways with your long-standing crew can’t be easy, but Donnie Trumpet (aka Nico Segal) seems to be doing pretty damn well in the wake of the May dissolution of Kids These Days. On New Bisnesss, a freshly-minted single off his debut EP, the Chi-town buzzmaker shares some upbeat reflections on his newfound solo status: “How does it feel to be I, myself and me? / Finally free, now I can go H.A.M. with the bro fam.” Donnie crafts a bouncy synth beat to back his sanguine verses, tying the package together with some vocoded hook vocals and a dash of studio-tweaked brass. Andy Singh directs the official visuals, which were shot on the final night of Frank Ocean‘s California Live tour. For more, check out Donnie Trumpet’s self-titled EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.