Parting ways with your long-standing crew can’t be easy, but Donnie Trumpet (aka Nico Segal) seems to be doing pretty damn well in the wake of the May dissolution of Kids These Days. On New Bisnesss, a freshly-minted single off his debut EP, the Chi-town buzzmaker shares some upbeat reflections on his newfound solo status: “How does it feel to be I, myself and me? / Finally free, now I can go H.A.M. with the bro fam.” Donnie crafts a bouncy synth beat to back his sanguine verses, tying the package together with some vocoded hook vocals and a dash of studio-tweaked brass. Andy Singh directs the official visuals, which were shot on the final night of Frank Ocean‘s California Live tour. For more, check out Donnie Trumpet’s self-titled EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Clued-in hip-hop heads already know trumpet player Nico Segal from his impressive instrumental contributions to Traphouse Rock and other acclaimed projects by Chi-town live band hip-hop ensemble Kids These Days, as well as...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.