Parting ways with your long-standing crew can’t be easy, but Donnie Trumpet (aka Nico Segal) seems to be doing pretty damn well in the wake of the May dissolution of Kids These Days. On New Bisnesss, a freshly-minted single off his debut EP, the Chi-town buzzmaker shares some upbeat reflections on his newfound solo status: “How does it feel to be I, myself and me? / Finally free, now I can go H.A.M. with the bro fam.” Donnie crafts a bouncy synth beat to back his sanguine verses, tying the package together with some vocoded hook vocals and a dash of studio-tweaked brass. Andy Singh directs the official visuals, which were shot on the final night of Frank Ocean‘s California Live tour. For more, check out Donnie Trumpet’s self-titled EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)