Parting ways with your long-standing crew can’t be easy, but Donnie Trumpet (aka Nico Segal) seems to be doing pretty damn well in the wake of the May dissolution of Kids These Days. On New Bisnesss, a freshly-minted single off his debut EP, the Chi-town buzzmaker shares some upbeat reflections on his newfound solo status: “How does it feel to be I, myself and me? / Finally free, now I can go H.A.M. with the bro fam.” Donnie crafts a bouncy synth beat to back his sanguine verses, tying the package together with some vocoded hook vocals and a dash of studio-tweaked brass. Andy Singh directs the official visuals, which were shot on the final night of Frank Ocean‘s California Live tour. For more, check out Donnie Trumpet’s self-titled EP, available now for free streaming and download in the Booth.
Written by richard on 09/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.