Georgia R&B singer Donell Jones may be a Bad Boy, but he certainly knows how to get back in his girl’s good graces. If he strays from the straight and narrow, a smooth musical apology like this unreleased cut (the artist’s first featured track, although he stepped into the Booth for an interview way back in 2006) is a surefire way to jump-start the healing process. Accompanied by his and co-producer Fish & Chips’ light, sunny, acoustic-guitar riffs and muted keyboard, the currently-independent singer showcases his passionate yet subdued vocal stylings, acknowledging his wrongdoing and swearing a solemn oath that, “I’m gonna do you right this time.” It certainly sounds sincere, but can a born Bad Boy like Donell Jones truly change his ways? Personally, I’m hoping not – if he screws up again, we just might get a sequel! In any case, listeners digging this track can hear more on The Lost Files, a compilation of new/unreleased material dropped November 24 and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Like This" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.