Georgia R&B singer Donell Jones may be a Bad Boy, but he certainly knows how to get back in his girl’s good graces. If he strays from the straight and narrow, a smooth musical apology like this unreleased cut (the artist’s first featured track, although he stepped into the Booth for an interview way back in 2006) is a surefire way to jump-start the healing process. Accompanied by his and co-producer Fish & Chips’ light, sunny, acoustic-guitar riffs and muted keyboard, the currently-independent singer showcases his passionate yet subdued vocal stylings, acknowledging his wrongdoing and swearing a solemn oath that, “I’m gonna do you right this time.” It certainly sounds sincere, but can a born Bad Boy like Donell Jones truly change his ways? Personally, I’m hoping not – if he screws up again, we just might get a sequel! In any case, listeners digging this track can hear more on The Lost Files, a compilation of new/unreleased material dropped November 24 and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Like This" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)