Georgia R&B singer Donell Jones may be a Bad Boy, but he certainly knows how to get back in his girl’s good graces. If he strays from the straight and narrow, a smooth musical apology like this unreleased cut (the artist’s first featured track, although he stepped into the Booth for an interview way back in 2006) is a surefire way to jump-start the healing process. Accompanied by his and co-producer Fish & Chips’ light, sunny, acoustic-guitar riffs and muted keyboard, the currently-independent singer showcases his passionate yet subdued vocal stylings, acknowledging his wrongdoing and swearing a solemn oath that, “I’m gonna do you right this time.” It certainly sounds sincere, but can a born Bad Boy like Donell Jones truly change his ways? Personally, I’m hoping not – if he screws up again, we just might get a sequel! In any case, listeners digging this track can hear more on The Lost Files, a compilation of new/unreleased material dropped November 24 and available now from online retailers.
Written by richard on 12/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Love Like This" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.