It’s been a year – almost to the day – since up-and-coming singer Dondria stepped into the Booth with her last feature, potential single selection Boy Stop, and her debut album still has yet to hit store shelves. Despite the setbacks, the rising soul starlet’s keeping the faith, confident that the man upstairs has big plans for her musical career. On new single You’re the One, she expresses a similar outlook on romance, telling her new fella that, though their relationship’s fallen on tough times, “I don’t believe we were put together not to be together.” Co-producers (and songwriters) Jermaine Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox take this track to church with a gospel-flavored instrumental, blending warm organ tones and muted horns as Dondria shows off her powerful pipes – the end result has a classic vibe that fans of retro-informed R&B will find hard to resist. Dondria vs. Phatfffat is set to (finally) hit stores in Spring 2010 – in the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest tunes.
Listen to More: Dondria
Written by richard on 11/24/09
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.