It’s been a year – almost to the day – since up-and-coming singer Dondria stepped into the Booth with her last feature, potential single selection Boy Stop, and her debut album still has yet to hit store shelves. Despite the setbacks, the rising soul starlet’s keeping the faith, confident that the man upstairs has big plans for her musical career. On new single You’re the One, she expresses a similar outlook on romance, telling her new fella that, though their relationship’s fallen on tough times, “I don’t believe we were put together not to be together.” Co-producers (and songwriters) Jermaine Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox take this track to church with a gospel-flavored instrumental, blending warm organ tones and muted horns as Dondria shows off her powerful pipes – the end result has a classic vibe that fans of retro-informed R&B will find hard to resist. Dondria vs. Phatfffat is set to (finally) hit stores in Spring 2010 – in the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/24/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.