It’s been a year – almost to the day – since up-and-coming singer Dondria stepped into the Booth with her last feature, potential single selection Boy Stop, and her debut album still has yet to hit store shelves. Despite the setbacks, the rising soul starlet’s keeping the faith, confident that the man upstairs has big plans for her musical career. On new single You’re the One, she expresses a similar outlook on romance, telling her new fella that, though their relationship’s fallen on tough times, “I don’t believe we were put together not to be together.” Co-producers (and songwriters) Jermaine Dupri and Bryan Michael Cox take this track to church with a gospel-flavored instrumental, blending warm organ tones and muted horns as Dondria shows off her powerful pipes – the end result has a classic vibe that fans of retro-informed R&B will find hard to resist. Dondria vs. Phatfffat is set to (finally) hit stores in Spring 2010 – in the meantime, keep it locked to our front page for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/24/09
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.