Dondria‘s mad as hell and she’s not gonna take it No More! What precisely is she fed up with, you ask? Well, as you may have surmised from the fact that this is an R&B joint, it has to do with a fella. Here frequent production collaborator Jermaine Dupri mans the boards, serving up a bell/piano groove borrowed from Barry White’s It’s Only Love Doing Its Thing (also sampled in 50 Cent‘s 21 Questions) as the singer lets her soon-to-be ex know exactly why things ain’t gonna work out. Chief among her complaints is that her man just won’t listen: “I told you I was lonely, told you what I needed, but you don’t wanna heed it…” Guys, guys, guys… when will you ever learn? Oh, right, I’m one of them. Regardless, if this assertive single is working for you, you won’t have to wait much longer to hear more: the singer’s long-delayed debut full-length, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, is scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers (finally!) on August 17, via So So Def.
Listen to More: Dondria
Written by richard on 08/11/10
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.