Dondria‘s mad as hell and she’s not gonna take it No More! What precisely is she fed up with, you ask? Well, as you may have surmised from the fact that this is an R&B joint, it has to do with a fella. Here frequent production collaborator Jermaine Dupri mans the boards, serving up a bell/piano groove borrowed from Barry White’s It’s Only Love Doing Its Thing (also sampled in 50 Cent‘s 21 Questions) as the singer lets her soon-to-be ex know exactly why things ain’t gonna work out. Chief among her complaints is that her man just won’t listen: “I told you I was lonely, told you what I needed, but you don’t wanna heed it…” Guys, guys, guys… when will you ever learn? Oh, right, I’m one of them. Regardless, if this assertive single is working for you, you won’t have to wait much longer to hear more: the singer’s long-delayed debut full-length, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, is scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers (finally!) on August 17, via So So Def.
Written by richard on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.