Dondria‘s mad as hell and she’s not gonna take it No More! What precisely is she fed up with, you ask? Well, as you may have surmised from the fact that this is an R&B joint, it has to do with a fella. Here frequent production collaborator Jermaine Dupri mans the boards, serving up a bell/piano groove borrowed from Barry White’s It’s Only Love Doing Its Thing (also sampled in 50 Cent‘s 21 Questions) as the singer lets her soon-to-be ex know exactly why things ain’t gonna work out. Chief among her complaints is that her man just won’t listen: “I told you I was lonely, told you what I needed, but you don’t wanna heed it…” Guys, guys, guys… when will you ever learn? Oh, right, I’m one of them. Regardless, if this assertive single is working for you, you won’t have to wait much longer to hear more: the singer’s long-delayed debut full-length, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, is scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers (finally!) on August 17, via So So Def.
Listen to More: Dondria Written by richard
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.