Dondria‘s mad as hell and she’s not gonna take it No More! What precisely is she fed up with, you ask? Well, as you may have surmised from the fact that this is an R&B joint, it has to do with a fella. Here frequent production collaborator Jermaine Dupri mans the boards, serving up a bell/piano groove borrowed from Barry White’s It’s Only Love Doing Its Thing (also sampled in 50 Cent‘s 21 Questions) as the singer lets her soon-to-be ex know exactly why things ain’t gonna work out. Chief among her complaints is that her man just won’t listen: “I told you I was lonely, told you what I needed, but you don’t wanna heed it…” Guys, guys, guys… when will you ever learn? Oh, right, I’m one of them. Regardless, if this assertive single is working for you, you won’t have to wait much longer to hear more: the singer’s long-delayed debut full-length, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, is scheduled to hit store shelves and online retailers (finally!) on August 17, via So So Def.
Written by richard on 08/11/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.