On her debut single, Dondria sang of a boy who she just couldn’t stop thinking about. As we have pointed out quite often inside the Booth, however, the best-laid plans almost always end up going astray; tired of this boy’s selfish ways, Phatfffat has kicked him to the curb, exclaiming “Boy Stop!” Featuring an old-school sound with new-school appeal, the song boasts a guest feature from So So Def labelmate Bow Wow, who spits arguably one of his strongest verses since… ever. On the production end, label boss Jermaine Dupri takes a trip back in the day, channeling his inner Kriss Kross. Boy Stop is a potential single from Dondria’s debut album, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, currently set to drop in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.