On her debut single, Dondria sang of a boy who she just couldn’t stop thinking about. As we have pointed out quite often inside the Booth, however, the best-laid plans almost always end up going astray; tired of this boy’s selfish ways, Phatfffat has kicked him to the curb, exclaiming “Boy Stop!” Featuring an old-school sound with new-school appeal, the song boasts a guest feature from So So Def labelmate Bow Wow, who spits arguably one of his strongest verses since… ever. On the production end, label boss Jermaine Dupri takes a trip back in the day, channeling his inner Kriss Kross. Boy Stop is a potential single from Dondria’s debut album, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, currently set to drop in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.