On her debut single, Dondria sang of a boy who she just couldn’t stop thinking about. As we have pointed out quite often inside the Booth, however, the best-laid plans almost always end up going astray; tired of this boy’s selfish ways, Phatfffat has kicked him to the curb, exclaiming “Boy Stop!” Featuring an old-school sound with new-school appeal, the song boasts a guest feature from So So Def labelmate Bow Wow, who spits arguably one of his strongest verses since… ever. On the production end, label boss Jermaine Dupri takes a trip back in the day, channeling his inner Kriss Kross. Boy Stop is a potential single from Dondria’s debut album, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, currently set to drop in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.