On her debut single, Dondria sang of a boy who she just couldn’t stop thinking about. As we have pointed out quite often inside the Booth, however, the best-laid plans almost always end up going astray; tired of this boy’s selfish ways, Phatfffat has kicked him to the curb, exclaiming “Boy Stop!” Featuring an old-school sound with new-school appeal, the song boasts a guest feature from So So Def labelmate Bow Wow, who spits arguably one of his strongest verses since… ever. On the production end, label boss Jermaine Dupri takes a trip back in the day, channeling his inner Kriss Kross. Boy Stop is a potential single from Dondria’s debut album, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, currently set to drop in the second quarter of ‘09.
Written by Burmy on 11/18/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.