When an artist sought a major label record deal back in the day (or more like just a few years ago), they would need to produce a demo and send it via snail mail to the company of their choice. Today, on the other hand, all you need to do is record yourself performing a cover of the most popular songs on the charts and post it on YouTube. For proof, look no further than reality-born Sachse, Texas native Dondria Nicole. Scooped up by Island Urban Music record executive Jermaine “The DJ Is Dead” Dupri (he said that, not me), Dondria will release her debut, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, less than six weeks after dropping her new single, Can’t Stop. Produced by Dupri (along with Bryan-Michael Cox), this catchy, upbeat record showcases the young singer’s amazing vocals and will have you singing along by the time the song’s bridge hits.
Written by DJ Z on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boy Stop ft. Bow Wow" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)