When an artist sought a major label record deal back in the day (or more like just a few years ago), they would need to produce a demo and send it via snail mail to the company of their choice. Today, on the other hand, all you need to do is record yourself performing a cover of the most popular songs on the charts and post it on YouTube. For proof, look no further than reality-born Sachse, Texas native Dondria Nicole. Scooped up by Island Urban Music record executive Jermaine “The DJ Is Dead” Dupri (he said that, not me), Dondria will release her debut, Dondria vs. Phatfffat, less than six weeks after dropping her new single, Can’t Stop. Produced by Dupri (along with Bryan-Michael Cox), this catchy, upbeat record showcases the young singer’s amazing vocals and will have you singing along by the time the song’s bridge hits.
Written by DJ Z on 06/17/08
Submit your Rating
So So Def
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Boy Stop ft. Bow Wow" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.