First impressions are a trip. That’s why you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, or a song by it’s title. Don Trip lays out the ground rules for “what it is and what it’s gonna be” on his latest release Still Got Love 4 Ya featuring Def Jam crooner Jeremih. Grabbing the R&B crooner for the hook and enlisting Miami hit-makers Cool & Dre to freak Teddy Riley’s production of the 90’s jam Let’s Chill, all the components for a sensual track are there… but Trip takes another route, sharing what it means to have love for an ex. Despite the unadulterated perspective on post-relationship sex, all the elements are there to catch the ears of the YOLO crowd. We’ll drop more from Trip as we wait for a title and date for his upcoming Interscope debut release, in the meantime feel free to play this for anyone you love, you’re just not in love with.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 05/23/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)