First impressions are a trip. That’s why you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, or a song by it’s title. Don Trip lays out the ground rules for “what it is and what it’s gonna be” on his latest release Still Got Love 4 Ya featuring Def Jam crooner Jeremih. Grabbing the R&B crooner for the hook and enlisting Miami hit-makers Cool & Dre to freak Teddy Riley’s production of the 90’s jam Let’s Chill, all the components for a sensual track are there… but Trip takes another route, sharing what it means to have love for an ex. Despite the unadulterated perspective on post-relationship sex, all the elements are there to catch the ears of the YOLO crowd. We’ll drop more from Trip as we wait for a title and date for his upcoming Interscope debut release, in the meantime feel free to play this for anyone you love, you’re just not in love with.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 05/23/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.