First impressions are a trip. That’s why you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, or a song by it’s title. Don Trip lays out the ground rules for “what it is and what it’s gonna be” on his latest release Still Got Love 4 Ya featuring Def Jam crooner Jeremih. Grabbing the R&B crooner for the hook and enlisting Miami hit-makers Cool & Dre to freak Teddy Riley’s production of the 90’s jam Let’s Chill, all the components for a sensual track are there… but Trip takes another route, sharing what it means to have love for an ex. Despite the unadulterated perspective on post-relationship sex, all the elements are there to catch the ears of the YOLO crowd. We’ll drop more from Trip as we wait for a title and date for his upcoming Interscope debut release, in the meantime feel free to play this for anyone you love, you’re just not in love with.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 05/23/12
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.