First impressions are a trip. That’s why you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, or a song by it’s title. Don Trip lays out the ground rules for “what it is and what it’s gonna be” on his latest release Still Got Love 4 Ya featuring Def Jam crooner Jeremih. Grabbing the R&B crooner for the hook and enlisting Miami hit-makers Cool & Dre to freak Teddy Riley’s production of the 90’s jam Let’s Chill, all the components for a sensual track are there… but Trip takes another route, sharing what it means to have love for an ex. Despite the unadulterated perspective on post-relationship sex, all the elements are there to catch the ears of the YOLO crowd. We’ll drop more from Trip as we wait for a title and date for his upcoming Interscope debut release, in the meantime feel free to play this for anyone you love, you’re just not in love with.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.