First impressions are a trip. That’s why you can’t judge a book by it’s cover, or a song by it’s title. Don Trip lays out the ground rules for “what it is and what it’s gonna be” on his latest release Still Got Love 4 Ya featuring Def Jam crooner Jeremih. Grabbing the R&B crooner for the hook and enlisting Miami hit-makers Cool & Dre to freak Teddy Riley’s production of the 90’s jam Let’s Chill, all the components for a sensual track are there… but Trip takes another route, sharing what it means to have love for an ex. Despite the unadulterated perspective on post-relationship sex, all the elements are there to catch the ears of the YOLO crowd. We’ll drop more from Trip as we wait for a title and date for his upcoming Interscope debut release, in the meantime feel free to play this for anyone you love, you’re just not in love with.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 05/23/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.