With the exception of Allen Iverson, a single that pretty much everyone in the Booth recognized as stellar, Don Trip‘s Booth features to date have been polarizing, with some digging the Memphis buzzmaker’s trunk-banging Southern style and others detesting it. With the latest single off his forthcoming street album, it’s the same story; if you loved the man’s previous work, you’ll Prolly love this joint. And if the opposite is true, well, the artist didn’t give much of a f**k about you to begin with. Kicked off with a dramatic reading from Bill Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet (No, I am not sh*tting you.), the record finds the rapper waxing poetic about bad b**tches, limo rides and big money over the hi-hat-heavy street production of Young Ladd. So, readers, are you loving Trip’s latest trap anthem? If so, then you won’t want to miss the rest of the fresh tunes set for inclusion on new mixtape Help Is on the Way, scheduled for release October 31. In addition, stay tuned for details on the artist’s forthcoming, currently-untitled/unscheduled Interscope debut.
Written by richard on 09/7/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.