With their self-titled collaborative debut just days away from release, Donwill and Dash Speaks of Don Speaks have liberated another fresh single off the set. More akin to the grimy Ape Sh*t than last week’s introspective My My My, Sixteen Tons is an aurally abrasive kiss-off to the competition. Over his partner’s grainy synth-bassline and thinly-sliced vocal samples, Don taunts his foes and boasts about his busy love life. Artfully flipped samples from Tennessee Ernie Ford’s Country Western classic of the same title add flavor on the front and back. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Dash Speaks (the LP) when it hits stores next Tuesday, August 5.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ape Sh*t" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.