With their self-titled collaborative debut just days away from release, Donwill and Dash Speaks of Don Speaks have liberated another fresh single off the set. More akin to the grimy Ape Sh*t than last week’s introspective My My My, Sixteen Tons is an aurally abrasive kiss-off to the competition. Over his partner’s grainy synth-bassline and thinly-sliced vocal samples, Don taunts his foes and boasts about his busy love life. Artfully flipped samples from Tennessee Ernie Ford’s Country Western classic of the same title add flavor on the front and back. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Dash Speaks (the LP) when it hits stores next Tuesday, August 5.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ape Sh*t" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.