With their self-titled collaborative debut just days away from release, Donwill and Dash Speaks of Don Speaks have liberated another fresh single off the set. More akin to the grimy Ape Sh*t than last week’s introspective My My My, Sixteen Tons is an aurally abrasive kiss-off to the competition. Over his partner’s grainy synth-bassline and thinly-sliced vocal samples, Don taunts his foes and boasts about his busy love life. Artfully flipped samples from Tennessee Ernie Ford’s Country Western classic of the same title add flavor on the front and back. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Dash Speaks (the LP) when it hits stores next Tuesday, August 5.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ape Sh*t" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.