With their self-titled collaborative debut just days away from release, Donwill and Dash Speaks of Don Speaks have liberated another fresh single off the set. More akin to the grimy Ape Sh*t than last week’s introspective My My My, Sixteen Tons is an aurally abrasive kiss-off to the competition. Over his partner’s grainy synth-bassline and thinly-sliced vocal samples, Don taunts his foes and boasts about his busy love life. Artfully flipped samples from Tennessee Ernie Ford’s Country Western classic of the same title add flavor on the front and back. Feeling it? Then be sure to cop Dash Speaks (the LP) when it hits stores next Tuesday, August 5.
Written by richard on 08/1/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ape Sh*t" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.