Just one week after lighting the fuse on their collaborative debut with the grimy, hard-hitting Ape Sh*t, Donwill and Dash Speaks of Don Speaks return with another fresh single off the set. A thoughtful look at “the morning after,” My My My is about as different from its predecessor as you could imagine. Speak cooks up a quietly gorgeous piano-loop beat to accompany the Tanya Morgan emcee as he spits eminently relatable bars about the aftermath of a turnt-up night on the town. Scoop ties the record together with a delicate guest chorus. The duo’s self-titled debut is slated to drop digitally on Tuesday, August 5. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/24/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ape Sh*t" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.