At the top of the month, Traxx Trigga made his Booth debut as a solo artist with Co-Kane, a reader-acclaimed standout off his next street album. Today, the Jersey representative returns with a fresh single off the same project, but this time around he’s performing under his legal moniker, Don Michael Jr. Sure, the change-up is a little confusing, but No Seats At The Top proves that a dope artist by any other name still sounds as sweet. The Screwface signee once again handles production as well as mic duties, creating a moody choral-synth beat to accompany his forceful, yet self-assured commentary on the hustle. Released May 20, Don’s Threeday LP is available now for purchase on iTunes.
Written by richard on 07/31/14
Submit your Rating
Screwface World Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Break Bread" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.