As a hungry up-and-comer from perhaps the most saturated musical market in the country, Don Cerino has his work cut out for him, but the NYC native is fully confident he has what it takes to stand out. Why is he so self-assured? Well, as he states on his Booth debut, he’s got a Missing Element that the game so sorely needs. In the course of two agile verses, Cerino demonstrates exactly what sets him apart from the pack: for one, he laces each and every line with a heaping helping of alliteration—his first three bars contain well over a dozen ‘p’s, and he keeps that pace till the very end. Booth favorite Royce Da 5’9” contributes an equally impressive guest verse, blending larger-than-life braggadocio with vivid lyrical imagery. Croup tops the record off with a triumphant, string-driven instrumental, and pays tribute to a few hip-hop legends on his sampled hook. Missing Element is set for inclusion on a forthcoming project, the details of which are TBA.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!