Oh, one dope DJBooth feature from Don Benjamin wasn’t Enough for you? Well, I’ve got some good news: the successful model and rising emcee is back on our front page with a follow-up to June’s reader-acclaimed Doin’ It Well, and it’s attached to a forthcoming project. Like its predecessor, this joint is an ear-pleasing hybrid of rap and R&B. Over Willie Donut‘s smooth, piano-led boardwork, Benjamin pleads with his girl to be patient as he hustles his way to financial security. A silken hook by singer DeCarlo rounds out the package. Those who like what they’re hearing can click here to donate to the newly-launched Kickstarter campaign for the artist’s next EP, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.