After Don Benjamin‘s turn on Americas Next Top Model last year, the world knows that that he can work a runway, but poise and a pretty face aren’t sufficient to excel in the rap game. Thus, listeners may be surprised to hear him not only rocking the mic, but Doin It Well on a brand new promo single. Midi Mafia and Fayo&Chill‘s beat centers around a sample from LL Cool J‘s classic Doin It, and Benjamin takes equal inspiration from James Smith on the lyrical tip, adopting the persona of a suave ladies’ man as he spits game to a special girl. R&B singer/songwriter Elijah Blake handles the hook, and Toroh Films‘s Hector Jones and James Bahman handle the official visuals. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this multi-talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.