After Don Benjamin‘s turn on Americas Next Top Model last year, the world knows that that he can work a runway, but poise and a pretty face aren’t sufficient to excel in the rap game. Thus, listeners may be surprised to hear him not only rocking the mic, but Doin It Well on a brand new promo single. Midi Mafia and Fayo&Chill‘s beat centers around a sample from LL Cool J‘s classic Doin It, and Benjamin takes equal inspiration from James Smith on the lyrical tip, adopting the persona of a suave ladies’ man as he spits game to a special girl. R&B singer/songwriter Elijah Blake handles the hook, and Toroh Films‘s Hector Jones and James Bahman handle the official visuals. This joint isn’t part of a larger set, but fans can keep it locked for more fresh tunes from this multi-talented up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 06/11/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.