Now that DomOfTheYear‘s turned 23, he’s considering putting down the mic. At least, that’s what the Booth newcomer claims on his latest promo single, released yesterday in honor of his birthday. Judging by the densely-packed bars he delivers on this promotional cut, though, he’s got way too much left to say to hang it up just yet. In intricate, unpredictably-flowed verses, the Boston spitter chronicles his quest to get “that frito, guacamoolah and that sour cream.” Not only does he rock the mic, he also showcases his skills on the other side of the boards, creating a claustrophobic synth/sample backdrop for his rhymes. (Apparently, it wasn’t too much trouble. On the back he boasts, “I made this beat in 15 minutes… this sh*t is easy to me.”) Has Dom’s debut feature left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; this record’s not attached to a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the talented up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.