Now that DomOfTheYear‘s turned 23, he’s considering putting down the mic. At least, that’s what the Booth newcomer claims on his latest promo single, released yesterday in honor of his birthday. Judging by the densely-packed bars he delivers on this promotional cut, though, he’s got way too much left to say to hang it up just yet. In intricate, unpredictably-flowed verses, the Boston spitter chronicles his quest to get “that frito, guacamoolah and that sour cream.” Not only does he rock the mic, he also showcases his skills on the other side of the boards, creating a claustrophobic synth/sample backdrop for his rhymes. (Apparently, it wasn’t too much trouble. On the back he boasts, “I made this beat in 15 minutes… this sh*t is easy to me.”) Has Dom’s debut feature left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; this record’s not attached to a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the talented up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.