Now that DomOfTheYear‘s turned 23, he’s considering putting down the mic. At least, that’s what the Booth newcomer claims on his latest promo single, released yesterday in honor of his birthday. Judging by the densely-packed bars he delivers on this promotional cut, though, he’s got way too much left to say to hang it up just yet. In intricate, unpredictably-flowed verses, the Boston spitter chronicles his quest to get “that frito, guacamoolah and that sour cream.” Not only does he rock the mic, he also showcases his skills on the other side of the boards, creating a claustrophobic synth/sample backdrop for his rhymes. (Apparently, it wasn’t too much trouble. On the back he boasts, “I made this beat in 15 minutes… this sh*t is easy to me.”) Has Dom’s debut feature left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; this record’s not attached to a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the talented up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.