Now that DomOfTheYear‘s turned 23, he’s considering putting down the mic. At least, that’s what the Booth newcomer claims on his latest promo single, released yesterday in honor of his birthday. Judging by the densely-packed bars he delivers on this promotional cut, though, he’s got way too much left to say to hang it up just yet. In intricate, unpredictably-flowed verses, the Boston spitter chronicles his quest to get “that frito, guacamoolah and that sour cream.” Not only does he rock the mic, he also showcases his skills on the other side of the boards, creating a claustrophobic synth/sample backdrop for his rhymes. (Apparently, it wasn’t too much trouble. On the back he boasts, “I made this beat in 15 minutes… this sh*t is easy to me.”) Has Dom’s debut feature left you hungry for more? Then stay tuned; this record’s not attached to a larger album, but we’ll keep you posted on the talented up-and-comer’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 03/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Veto (DomOfTheYear Remix)" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.