To date, songs entitled Trilla have had a pretty good track record. Rick Ross’ version reached the top spot on the Billboard 200 when it was released back in 2008, and A$AP Rocky’s Trilla was responsible for getting the now scorching-hot emcee the attention that he needed to land a major recording contract. Booth newcomer, Domo, will hope for similar results with his Trilla, which by the sound of things, should help boost the Brooklyn rhymesayer’s buzz. As the song’s title might suggest, the effort has a street-friendly, New York vibe thanks to the horn-touched boardwork of Hitssince 89 and the gritty, slurred flow of Domo. So, does the unsigned emcee’s debut feature live up to its name, or is it far from Trilla? Let us know below and be sure to circle your calendars for June 1, when his EP, Good Night, Better Morning is scheduled for release.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/19/13
Famous Republic Recording
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"London Bus" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.