Though the weather is warming up, some rappers have yet to come out of hibernation. Figuring they’ve slept long enough, Dominique Larue thoughtfully offers her competition a wake-up call on the lead single off her forthcoming collaborative set with beatsmith Maja7th. Her first feature since March 2012’s Circulate, #SOON finds the Ohio native in fighting form despite her long vacation from our pages. Maja’s chopped, Chipmunk-pitched soul samples back the Midwesterner as she annihilates the lames in aggressive, self-assured verses. Larue and 7th’s #GRAND tape currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dominique Larue’s Mario Hensley-directed #SOON visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.