Though the weather is warming up, some rappers have yet to come out of hibernation. Figuring they’ve slept long enough, Dominique Larue thoughtfully offers her competition a wake-up call on the lead single off her forthcoming collaborative set with beatsmith Maja7th. Her first feature since March 2012’s Circulate, #SOON finds the Ohio native in fighting form despite her long vacation from our pages. Maja’s chopped, Chipmunk-pitched soul samples back the Midwesterner as she annihilates the lames in aggressive, self-assured verses. Larue and 7th’s #GRAND tape currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dominique Larue’s Mario Hensley-directed #SOON visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)