Though the weather is warming up, some rappers have yet to come out of hibernation. Figuring they’ve slept long enough, Dominique Larue thoughtfully offers her competition a wake-up call on the lead single off her forthcoming collaborative set with beatsmith Maja7th. Her first feature since March 2012’s Circulate, #SOON finds the Ohio native in fighting form despite her long vacation from our pages. Maja’s chopped, Chipmunk-pitched soul samples back the Midwesterner as she annihilates the lames in aggressive, self-assured verses. Larue and 7th’s #GRAND tape currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dominique Larue’s Mario Hensley-directed #SOON visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.