Though the weather is warming up, some rappers have yet to come out of hibernation. Figuring they’ve slept long enough, Dominique Larue thoughtfully offers her competition a wake-up call on the lead single off her forthcoming collaborative set with beatsmith Maja7th. Her first feature since March 2012’s Circulate, #SOON finds the Ohio native in fighting form despite her long vacation from our pages. Maja’s chopped, Chipmunk-pitched soul samples back the Midwesterner as she annihilates the lames in aggressive, self-assured verses. Larue and 7th’s #GRAND tape currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dominique Larue’s Mario Hensley-directed #SOON visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.