Though the weather is warming up, some rappers have yet to come out of hibernation. Figuring they’ve slept long enough, Dominique Larue thoughtfully offers her competition a wake-up call on the lead single off her forthcoming collaborative set with beatsmith Maja7th. Her first feature since March 2012’s Circulate, #SOON finds the Ohio native in fighting form despite her long vacation from our pages. Maja’s chopped, Chipmunk-pitched soul samples back the Midwesterner as she annihilates the lames in aggressive, self-assured verses. Larue and 7th’s #GRAND tape currently lacks a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with fresh tunes and release details as they emerge.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Dominique Larue’s Mario Hensley-directed #SOON visual.
Written by richard on 06/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.