Short of a mind-blowing orgasm, there’s no better feeling in the world than listening to a track from an artist you’ve never heard before and instantly falling in love. That was exactly the feeling I had this morning with I first heard DJBooth newcomer Dominique Larue’s new track Fall ’96. Hailing from Columbus, Ohio - also the birthplace of yours truly - Larue is determined to prove that dope female emcees are far from extinct, they’re just being sadly overlooked (except on DJBooth.net). As always, it’s the music that matters, not the gender, and Fall ’96 rolls over some gripping production from Ghost Rydah (love the percussion in the third verse) while Larue pays homage to one of hip-hop’s brightest era’s with a flow that’s reminiscent of Common’s classic I Used to Love H.E.R. Can you tell I’m really digging this track? Fall ’96 is off Larue’s upcoming mixtape Dub MD Presents: End of Regulation, set to drop on November 19. Keep it locked for all the latest.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/12/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"You're a Star" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.