When one is marking time in anticipation of some future event, the convention is to count backwards towards zero. As our regulars know, though, we’re all about out-the-box thinking, so instead of a countdown to the release of RefinedHype.com‘s 1 Year Anniversary mixtape, we’ve enlisted the help of reader fave Dominique Larue to bring fans The CountUp, the latest exclusive world premiere off the project. Backed by the Chipmunk-soul production of ilL MeeL, the Ohio femcee (and two-time freestyle series contributor) comes with more of the braggadociously positive lyrical fire we’ve come to know and love: “So connected with the music, it feels intimate / I can do this sh*t forever, it feels infinite / this is Hooked on Phonics for the ill-literate.” Sure to earn high praise from our resident lyrical heads, this cut, along with The Black Sunn‘s Hip Hop’s Lament and much more can be found on Refined Hype: 1 Year Anniversary Ed. when it hits our sister site on August 28. In addition, Dominique Larue is currently hard at work on collaborative projects with producers Severe and drielb; keep it locked to the Booth for details!
Written by richard on 08/12/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fall '96" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.