Though this is Dominic‘s first solo feature, our regulars may remember him from his guest contributions to two Booth-approved singles. After taking a trip to Paradise with Young Chris and Weezy, Dom earned further reader acclaim for his hook vocals on Joe Budden‘s Padded Room lead single, The Future. On Hear Me Now, the Orange County singer addresses an ex who ended their relationship by leaving without explanation, but has now returned in hopes of winning him back. Battling with painful memories of their time together, he informs her that, now that he’s found someone new, there’s no hope of rekindling the flame. Complete with a catchy piano/guitar accompaniment by Brandon Alexander, Hear Me Now may well herald the up-and-comer’s entry into the major leagues—let the multi-label bidding war begin!
Written by Burmy on 05/27/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Paradise ft. Lil' Wayne & Dominic" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.