When you are a hardworking emcee, traveling is part of the game. In addition to getting to perform around the world, you also meet a ton of exotic and eligible bachelors and bachelorettes. Dom Kennedy could have any type of lady, but all he wants is some South Central Love. His latest single might be classified as a love song, but the wavy West Coast vibe of The Futuristiks’ beat is street-approved. As Dom takes us on a tour of his hood, his charismatic, blunted style and vivid lyrical imagery—not to mention Jazzy’s bubbly hook—really make you feel like you are right there in Cali with him. South Central Love is slated to appear on Dom Kennedy’s upcoming Get Home Safely LP, set to drop October 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)