When you are a hardworking emcee, traveling is part of the game. In addition to getting to perform around the world, you also meet a ton of exotic and eligible bachelors and bachelorettes. Dom Kennedy could have any type of lady, but all he wants is some South Central Love. His latest single might be classified as a love song, but the wavy West Coast vibe of The Futuristiks’ beat is street-approved. As Dom takes us on a tour of his hood, his charismatic, blunted style and vivid lyrical imagery—not to mention Jazzy’s bubbly hook—really make you feel like you are right there in Cali with him. South Central Love is slated to appear on Dom Kennedy’s upcoming Get Home Safely LP, set to drop October 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.