When you are a hardworking emcee, traveling is part of the game. In addition to getting to perform around the world, you also meet a ton of exotic and eligible bachelors and bachelorettes. Dom Kennedy could have any type of lady, but all he wants is some South Central Love. His latest single might be classified as a love song, but the wavy West Coast vibe of The Futuristiks’ beat is street-approved. As Dom takes us on a tour of his hood, his charismatic, blunted style and vivid lyrical imagery—not to mention Jazzy’s bubbly hook—really make you feel like you are right there in Cali with him. South Central Love is slated to appear on Dom Kennedy’s upcoming Get Home Safely LP, set to drop October 1.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.