As an unsigned rap hopeful coming out of the City of Angels, Booth newcomer Dom Kennedy has plenty of Hard Work ahead of him. Judging by this newly-released remix, however, he just might have the drive – and the connects – to set himself apart from the pack. This newly-revamped mixtape cut finds Kennedy and two big-name Southern talents flowing over the grimy, synth-bass boardwork of Cool Kids member Chuck Inglish. After the headliner brings us up to date on his hustle, Alabama’s own Rich Boy steps up to the mic to wax poetic on the topics of women, cash, clothes, and Houston icon Slim Thug connects the dots on the back end, reminiscing about his journey from the block to the top of the rap game: “I used to dream of ridin’ Bentleys, now I’m an owner/ Came a long way from pushin’ rocks on the corner.” Complete with hyped-up intros from heavyweight DJ/producer Don Cannon and a chorus sampled from Gucci Mane‘s Bricks , this hard-hustling remix and much more can be found on Kennedy’s FutureStreets/DrugSounds mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/13/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On/Off Switch (Cool Out) (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.