As an unsigned rap hopeful coming out of the City of Angels, Booth newcomer Dom Kennedy has plenty of Hard Work ahead of him. Judging by this newly-released remix, however, he just might have the drive – and the connects – to set himself apart from the pack. This newly-revamped mixtape cut finds Kennedy and two big-name Southern talents flowing over the grimy, synth-bass boardwork of Cool Kids member Chuck Inglish. After the headliner brings us up to date on his hustle, Alabama’s own Rich Boy steps up to the mic to wax poetic on the topics of women, cash, clothes, and Houston icon Slim Thug connects the dots on the back end, reminiscing about his journey from the block to the top of the rap game: “I used to dream of ridin’ Bentleys, now I’m an owner/ Came a long way from pushin’ rocks on the corner.” Complete with hyped-up intros from heavyweight DJ/producer Don Cannon and a chorus sampled from Gucci Mane‘s Bricks , this hard-hustling remix and much more can be found on Kennedy’s FutureStreets/DrugSounds mixtape, out now online.
Written by richard on 01/13/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On/Off Switch (Cool Out) (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.