Dom Kennedy’s forthcoming album was originally scheduled for release on October 1, but after a slight delay is scheduled for liftoff on October 15. While most artists wouldn’t bat an eye, Dom has decided to tide over his loyal fans with the pseudo self-titled single. On Dominic, the West Coast buzzmaker spits intoxicant-laden, braggadocios bars that, along with his blunted, raspy flow, give the track a leaning, off-kilter party vibe. Producer DrewByrd handles the track’s boardwork, hosting an array of chimes that shimmer atop the stretched vocal chop, which adds a nice contrast Dom’s more bass-heavy vocals. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the pending release of Get Home Safely, which includes Kennedy’s last DJBooth feature, South Central Love.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.