Dom Kennedy’s forthcoming album was originally scheduled for release on October 1, but after a slight delay is scheduled for liftoff on October 15. While most artists wouldn’t bat an eye, Dom has decided to tide over his loyal fans with the pseudo self-titled single. On Dominic, the West Coast buzzmaker spits intoxicant-laden, braggadocios bars that, along with his blunted, raspy flow, give the track a leaning, off-kilter party vibe. Producer DrewByrd handles the track’s boardwork, hosting an array of chimes that shimmer atop the stretched vocal chop, which adds a nice contrast Dom’s more bass-heavy vocals. Keep your eyes and ears peeled for the pending release of Get Home Safely, which includes Kennedy’s last DJBooth feature, South Central Love.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/4/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.