With summer in full swing, I’m guessing many of y’all don’t even want to think about school. But perhaps you’ll make a small exception for Dom Kennedy, whose latest single finds him revisiting fond memories of kicking it on the playground and riding the bus with his homies. Mike N Keys handles production duties on After School, creating an ethereal, vocal-sampled backdrop for the West Coast mainstay’s wistful bars. Brandon Lee Stratton directs the joint’s freshly-minted visual accompaniment. Fans can find this autobiographical jam, the previously-featured Dominic and many more quality cuts on the artist’s Get Home Safely LP, released last October via Dom’s own imprint, The Other People’s Money Company.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.