With summer in full swing, I’m guessing many of y’all don’t even want to think about school. But perhaps you’ll make a small exception for Dom Kennedy, whose latest single finds him revisiting fond memories of kicking it on the playground and riding the bus with his homies. Mike N Keys handles production duties on After School, creating an ethereal, vocal-sampled backdrop for the West Coast mainstay’s wistful bars. Brandon Lee Stratton directs the joint’s freshly-minted visual accompaniment. Fans can find this autobiographical jam, the previously-featured Dominic and many more quality cuts on the artist’s Get Home Safely LP, released last October via Dom’s own imprint, The Other People’s Money Company.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.