With summer in full swing, I’m guessing many of y’all don’t even want to think about school. But perhaps you’ll make a small exception for Dom Kennedy, whose latest single finds him revisiting fond memories of kicking it on the playground and riding the bus with his homies. Mike N Keys handles production duties on After School, creating an ethereal, vocal-sampled backdrop for the West Coast mainstay’s wistful bars. Brandon Lee Stratton directs the joint’s freshly-minted visual accompaniment. Fans can find this autobiographical jam, the previously-featured Dominic and many more quality cuts on the artist’s Get Home Safely LP, released last October via Dom’s own imprint, The Other People’s Money Company.
Written by richard on 08/6/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hard Work (Remix)" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.