When you’re grinding your way up from the bottom, every minute off the clock means 60 seconds’ worth of progress for your competition. That’s why, until he gets on, Ohio newcomer Dom Deshawn‘s working a full seven-day schedule. On EP standout The Daily 2, the sequel to a cut off 2011 mixtape A Work in Progress, the artist hips us to the ins and outs of his quotidian hustle, from the challenge of balancing his music with his nine-to-five grind to the ever-present distraction posed by his female admirers. Brandun Deshay provides an upbeat, sampled instrumental to complement the up-and-comer’s determined rhymes. After giving this record a spin, are you craving more fresh tunes? You’ll find what you seek on The 23 EP, available via Audiomack as of March 25.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.