When you’re grinding your way up from the bottom, every minute off the clock means 60 seconds’ worth of progress for your competition. That’s why, until he gets on, Ohio newcomer Dom Deshawn‘s working a full seven-day schedule. On EP standout The Daily 2, the sequel to a cut off 2011 mixtape A Work in Progress, the artist hips us to the ins and outs of his quotidian hustle, from the challenge of balancing his music with his nine-to-five grind to the ever-present distraction posed by his female admirers. Brandun Deshay provides an upbeat, sampled instrumental to complement the up-and-comer’s determined rhymes. After giving this record a spin, are you craving more fresh tunes? You’ll find what you seek on The 23 EP, available via Audiomack as of March 25.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.