When you’re grinding your way up from the bottom, every minute off the clock means 60 seconds’ worth of progress for your competition. That’s why, until he gets on, Ohio newcomer Dom Deshawn‘s working a full seven-day schedule. On EP standout The Daily 2, the sequel to a cut off 2011 mixtape A Work in Progress, the artist hips us to the ins and outs of his quotidian hustle, from the challenge of balancing his music with his nine-to-five grind to the ever-present distraction posed by his female admirers. Brandun Deshay provides an upbeat, sampled instrumental to complement the up-and-comer’s determined rhymes. After giving this record a spin, are you craving more fresh tunes? You’ll find what you seek on The 23 EP, available via Audiomack as of March 25.
Written by richard on 04/18/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)