At its essence hip-hop really shouldn’t be that complicated. All it takes is a dope beat and some dope raps, how hard could that be? Ok, so it turns out it’s actually pretty damn hard, although Dolo the Bandit seems to be handling it with ease. For his first DJBooth feature the NYC emcee Dolo links up with producer BudaJape for a classic east coast hip-hop beat that pairs select vocal samples with head-nodding percussion. For the “dope raps’ half of the equation Dolo drops high-caliber rhymes designed to let the rest of the game know that no matter how hard they’re working, he’s working harder. Go Harder is a standout cut from The Bandit’s recently released The Heist-Code: Black Op mixtape, available for free download via Audiomack.com.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.