With assistance from T-Pain and Tay Dizm, rapper Dolla has received considerable mainstream airplay courtesy of his debut single, Who The…Is That. On the street cut Dope Man which we recently featured, Dolla is accompanied by a gangsta verse from Jim Jones and a catchy hook featuring a chorus of children. However, on the newest buzz track, Loud Mouth, Dolla easily handles the job all by himself. Using a dark edge and an organ-bass sample, producer Julian Bunetta sets the scene for Dolla to release some pent up anger (knock knock, Cool & Dre you have production company). With plenty of support behind him, Dolla could be the first Konvict artist not named Akon or T-Pain to release an album; A Dolla and A Dream is set to drop this May.
Written by Burmy on 02/14/08
Submit your Rating
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.