If you’ve been following ATL rapper Dolla, you may remember Make a Toast from back in October of ‘08. When we first featured the song, the ATL rapper was slated to drop his Konvict Muzik debut, A Dolla and a Dream, early this year. These plans unfortunately fizzled out, and Dolla has been pretty quiet since. This newly-released remix of the record, however, may be an indication that the emcee is ready to get things moving once again. Far from phoning it in, Dolla spits all-new verses on this revamped version of the cut, as well as adding a dash of star power with the addition of everyone’s favorite guest feature, Weezy F. Baby. Even Julian Bunetta‘s production seems to have been tweaked a bit – his triumphant horns, which took center stage on the original, are pushed back for a more bass-heavy effect. A Dolla and a Dream still lacks a release date, but this new remix bodes well for Dolla’s future.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.