If you’ve been following ATL rapper Dolla, you may remember Make a Toast from back in October of ‘08. When we first featured the song, the ATL rapper was slated to drop his Konvict Muzik debut, A Dolla and a Dream, early this year. These plans unfortunately fizzled out, and Dolla has been pretty quiet since. This newly-released remix of the record, however, may be an indication that the emcee is ready to get things moving once again. Far from phoning it in, Dolla spits all-new verses on this revamped version of the cut, as well as adding a dash of star power with the addition of everyone’s favorite guest feature, Weezy F. Baby. Even Julian Bunetta‘s production seems to have been tweaked a bit – his triumphant horns, which took center stage on the original, are pushed back for a more bass-heavy effect. A Dolla and a Dream still lacks a release date, but this new remix bodes well for Dolla’s future.
Written by richard on 01/20/09
Submit your Rating
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.