Following the semi-success of the T-Pain assisted Who Is That (but with Tay Dizm replacing Akon as a guest feature), ATL’s Dolla brings another catchy potential street single to the forefront. Dope Man (and its kid-assisted chorus) certainly has hit power; in addition to possibly being seizure-inducing to any unsuspecting parents. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much that separates Dolla from your typical “rap hustler.” Okay, maybe a verse from Mr. Ballin’, Jim Jones, and two-for-one production (simplistic on the verses, but big-brass on the hook). Besides that, however, Dolla needs to come up with more originality a la Who, if he ever wants to get off Konvict‘s-getting-larger-by-the-minute backburner.
Listen to More: Dolla
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)