Following the semi-success of the T-Pain assisted Who Is That (but with Tay Dizm replacing Akon as a guest feature), ATL’s Dolla brings another catchy potential street single to the forefront. Dope Man (and its kid-assisted chorus) certainly has hit power; in addition to possibly being seizure-inducing to any unsuspecting parents. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much that separates Dolla from your typical “rap hustler.” Okay, maybe a verse from Mr. Ballin’, Jim Jones, and two-for-one production (simplistic on the verses, but big-brass on the hook). Besides that, however, Dolla needs to come up with more originality a la Who, if he ever wants to get off Konvict‘s-getting-larger-by-the-minute backburner.
Listen to More: Dolla
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.