Following the semi-success of the T-Pain assisted Who Is That (but with Tay Dizm replacing Akon as a guest feature), ATL’s Dolla brings another catchy potential street single to the forefront. Dope Man (and its kid-assisted chorus) certainly has hit power; in addition to possibly being seizure-inducing to any unsuspecting parents. Unfortunately, there doesn’t seem to be much that separates Dolla from your typical “rap hustler.” Okay, maybe a verse from Mr. Ballin’, Jim Jones, and two-for-one production (simplistic on the verses, but big-brass on the hook). Besides that, however, Dolla needs to come up with more originality a la Who, if he ever wants to get off Konvict‘s-getting-larger-by-the-minute backburner.
Listen to More: Dolla
Written by Burmy on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
The Gang Ent./Konvict Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Who Is That ft. Akon & T-Pain" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.