Gangsta rap devotees rejoice! Kurupt and Daz Dillinger of The Dogg Pound are back in the Booth with a brand new single off their long-awaited eighth studio album. Westside Rydin’ finds the Cali icons doing just as the title says: rolling along the city streets with some fine
ladies, enjoying some high-quality kush and annihilating the sucker emcees along the way. FredWreck’s‘s classic Left Coast blend of ominous piano chords, woozy string riffs and funky guitar accents set the stage for characteristically hard-nosed verses from the rap vets. As usual Kurupt’s winding rhymes and Dillinger’s gruffer bars (punctuated with “brrrap!” sound effects) go together like gin and juice, and the end product will likely get the thumbs-up from longtime fans and neophytes alike. Those who like what they’re hearing should remember to ride down to their local record stores in November, when Tha Dogg Pound’s That Was Then, This Is Now LP drops via Fontana and Dillinger’s own D.P.G. Recordz.
Written by richard on 10/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Candy (Drippin Like Water)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.