Gangsta rap devotees rejoice! Kurupt and Daz Dillinger of The Dogg Pound are back in the Booth with a brand new single off their long-awaited eighth studio album. Westside Rydin’ finds the Cali icons doing just as the title says: rolling along the city streets with some fine
ladies, enjoying some high-quality kush and annihilating the sucker emcees along the way. FredWreck’s‘s classic Left Coast blend of ominous piano chords, woozy string riffs and funky guitar accents set the stage for characteristically hard-nosed verses from the rap vets. As usual Kurupt’s winding rhymes and Dillinger’s gruffer bars (punctuated with “brrrap!” sound effects) go together like gin and juice, and the end product will likely get the thumbs-up from longtime fans and neophytes alike. Those who like what they’re hearing should remember to ride down to their local record stores in November, when Tha Dogg Pound’s That Was Then, This Is Now LP drops via Fontana and Dillinger’s own D.P.G. Recordz.
Listen to More: Tha Dogg Pound
Written by richard on 10/29/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Candy (Drippin Like Water)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)