Roundabout December of 2010, the West Coast rhymesayer we knew as Doey Rock reinvented himself as Mean Doe Green, a moniker he’d eventually drop in favor of his government name, Kahali Oden. Now, just for his next project, he’s going back to Doey Rock. Fittingly, EP lead single Wild has more in common with the artist’s hedonistic early features than the more personal material he’s brought us of late. Over the ritzy sample work of Dirty Diggs, his collaborator throughout the set, the emcee discusses the rewards (luxury goods, getting it in with beautiful women) as well as the drawbacks (constantly watching out for snakes in the grass) of his high-stakes hustle. This joint is slated to appear on Doey and Diggs’s Gold Plates EP, which currently remains unscheduled. Following that project, the emcee will be reverting back to Kahali Oden for an album titled (appropriately enough) Identity Crisis.
Written by richard on 01/8/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double ft. E-40" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.