California is known for its sandy beaches, pretty girls, gangs and Hollywood starlets. Unfortunately, as a Midwest resident who has only been out to Cali once, I don’t know more about the Golden State than what I’ve seen on movies and tv, and I certainly don’t know anything about Sacramento besides some Kings b-ball. Well, Doey Rock (a.k.a. Mean Doe Green) is doing his best to change that and bring his native Sac-Town to the forefront of hip hop. The hard flowing emcee, perhaps best known to Booth regulars for the Raekwon assisted Sunset Strip, drops off his new single, Last Call, from his upcoming album, Mean Doe Green. With hard-knock drums and hazy strings, producer d.C. soulplusmind preps Doey for a track that puts the grit in gritty, and Doey is more than up to the challenge, dropping line after line of heavyweight rhymes that will have lesser emcees ducking for cover. Apparently, much like Wu-Tang, Sacramento emcees ain’t nothing to f**k wit. Mean Doe Green doesn’t drop until January 11, so keep an eye on the Booth for more from Doe to tide you over until 2011.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 09/2/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Bring Back Double" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.