With the Bay Area producing talent at an unprecedented rate, the hyphy movement just added another, Doey Rock, to its ever-growing repertoire of up-in-coming Class-A talent. On the single, Bring Back Double, Doey Rock splashes onto the scene with lyrics and vocals that scream shades of E-40 in his prime. Produced by J Sleaz, Doey Rock is on point with his delivery and mixes the perfect combination of swagger and hunger into his music. It only makes you wonder what rock he’s been hiding under all this time.
Written by ahsan_karzi on 02/2/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sunset Strip" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.