Coming from Northside Queens, D.O.E. is the next talent to come up under Timbaland‘s Mosley Music Group. The MC was signed to Beat Club Records (Timbo’s previous label venture) before it disbanded, and has been patiently awaiting his time to shine, having released several mixtapes (most notably including a Scott Storch diss) locally in the meantime. Now D.O.E. is stepping into the limelight (which he is sharing with his crew, the Northside Rydaz) on his newest buzz single, Till My Death Day, which is basically an old-schoolesque East Coast cut about the rawness of hood life, and how to remain loyal to the game. This won’t be the chart hit that Mosley Music is used to churning out, but it will still be bumping in the underground and on mixtapes, just like every street single should.
Written by Burmy on 07/27/07
Submit your Rating
Mosely Music Group/Interscope
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mash It Up" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.