What happens when a soulful songstress from Toronto, Canada, and a witty MC from Denver, Colorado, hook up to record a song? Simple, you get a fresh new flavor of Hip-Hop. Reminiscent of memorable collaborations between Lauryn Hill and Nas or Mary J. Blige and Method Man, independent grinders D.O. The Fabulous Drifter and JaQe (pronounced Jackie) offer up the new single, His and Hers. Sharing the advice that you “must be at peace with your life,” D.O. and JaQe flip flop back and forth over the sentiments of men and women on their daily grind. In line with old school records from Common or Jill Scott, His and Hers caters to an impressively large audience - everyone.
Written by DJ Z on 01/17/08
Submit your Rating
Five Points Plan Recordings
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.