What happens when a soulful songstress from Toronto, Canada, and a witty MC from Denver, Colorado, hook up to record a song? Simple, you get a fresh new flavor of Hip-Hop. Reminiscent of memorable collaborations between Lauryn Hill and Nas or Mary J. Blige and Method Man, independent grinders D.O. The Fabulous Drifter and JaQe (pronounced Jackie) offer up the new single, His and Hers. Sharing the advice that you “must be at peace with your life,” D.O. and JaQe flip flop back and forth over the sentiments of men and women on their daily grind. In line with old school records from Common or Jill Scott, His and Hers caters to an impressively large audience - everyone.
Written by DJ Z on 01/17/08
Submit your Rating
Five Points Plan Recordings
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.