What happens when a soulful songstress from Toronto, Canada, and a witty MC from Denver, Colorado, hook up to record a song? Simple, you get a fresh new flavor of Hip-Hop. Reminiscent of memorable collaborations between Lauryn Hill and Nas or Mary J. Blige and Method Man, independent grinders D.O. The Fabulous Drifter and JaQe (pronounced Jackie) offer up the new single, His and Hers. Sharing the advice that you “must be at peace with your life,” D.O. and JaQe flip flop back and forth over the sentiments of men and women on their daily grind. In line with old school records from Common or Jill Scott, His and Hers caters to an impressively large audience - everyone.
Written by DJ Z on 01/17/08
Submit your Rating
Five Points Plan Recordings
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.