Hip-Hop has moved from coast to coast and bay to bay. Through its many travels however, it landed in the mountains of Denver, Colorado. Reppin the Mile High City and the roots of the music form is D.O.; an emcee that was made to tell us all a story. The single, Emergence of the Black Hero, is a topic of conversation very commonly forgotten and seldom remembered. If rap music can be criticized for teaching the youth about guns, sex and violence, its fitting that D.O. can teach an entirely different subject altogether.
Written by DJ Z on 10/24/06
Submit your Rating
5 Points Plan Recordings
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)