On his latest single, T-Dot emcee D.O. looks to Capture the Moonlight. While this might seem impossible to you and me, the possession of an out of this world single makes what D.O. is trying to attempt fully possible. The rocket ship propelling him to lunar heights is none other than a cascading, string-driven beat from emcee/producer and fellow Canadian, Classified. Upon arrival D both captures and shoots down good old Luna with an impressive 16, highlighted by an intense, burning passion, that sets the tone for this dense effort. His co-pilots on the mission are Saukrates (manning the intoxicating, unique hook) and Joell Ortiz, who maintains his always tenacious attitude, but with a more understated flow. If you want to secure Capture The Moonlight, you can find it on D.O.‘s upcoming album, Down Home, available on iTunes on April 22.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/14
In conjunction with the project's release to iTunes on Tuesday, April 22, Toronto rhymesayer D.O. (Defy the Odds) is offering up his Down Home LP for free, full streaming exclusively in The DJBooth. The album packs 10...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Likes You" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.