On his latest single, T-Dot emcee D.O. looks to Capture the Moonlight. While this might seem impossible to you and me, the possession of an out of this world single makes what D.O. is trying to attempt fully possible. The rocket ship propelling him to lunar heights is none other than a cascading, string-driven beat from emcee/producer and fellow Canadian, Classified. Upon arrival D both captures and shoots down good old Luna with an impressive 16, highlighted by an intense, burning passion, that sets the tone for this dense effort. His co-pilots on the mission are Saukrates (manning the intoxicating, unique hook) and Joell Ortiz, who maintains his always tenacious attitude, but with a more understated flow. If you want to secure Capture The Moonlight, you can find it on D.O.‘s upcoming album, Down Home, available on iTunes on April 22.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Likes You" (2011)
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.