On his latest single, T-Dot emcee D.O. looks to Capture the Moonlight. While this might seem impossible to you and me, the possession of an out of this world single makes what D.O. is trying to attempt fully possible. The rocket ship propelling him to lunar heights is none other than a cascading, string-driven beat from emcee/producer and fellow Canadian, Classified. Upon arrival D both captures and shoots down good old Luna with an impressive 16, highlighted by an intense, burning passion, that sets the tone for this dense effort. His co-pilots on the mission are Saukrates (manning the intoxicating, unique hook) and Joell Ortiz, who maintains his always tenacious attitude, but with a more understated flow. If you want to secure Capture The Moonlight, you can find it on D.O.‘s upcoming album, Down Home, available on iTunes on April 22.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Likes You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.