On his latest single, T-Dot emcee D.O. looks to Capture the Moonlight. While this might seem impossible to you and me, the possession of an out of this world single makes what D.O. is trying to attempt fully possible. The rocket ship propelling him to lunar heights is none other than a cascading, string-driven beat from emcee/producer and fellow Canadian, Classified. Upon arrival D both captures and shoots down good old Luna with an impressive 16, highlighted by an intense, burning passion, that sets the tone for this dense effort. His co-pilots on the mission are Saukrates (manning the intoxicating, unique hook) and Joell Ortiz, who maintains his always tenacious attitude, but with a more understated flow. If you want to secure Capture The Moonlight, you can find it on D.O.‘s upcoming album, Down Home, available on iTunes on April 22.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"She Likes You" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.