Last week, Ruff Ryders finally made their official return to the game with Past Present Future, the imprint’s first compilation album since 2005’s The Redemption Vol. 4. After a six-year hiatus, do they still have that spark? On this newly-leaked standout cut, DMX and company set out to answer that very question, demonstrating that, whether together or apart, they’re still some of the World’s Greatest purveyors of urban music. With an unknown beatsmith’s whip-ready, organ-laced production as their backdrop, X trades aggressive bars with longtime colleagues Drag-On and Swizz Beatz as well as recent Double R signee Murda Mook. As if the in-house talent weren’t enough, the labelmates receive guest assistance from a three-pack of fellow Northeastern greats; Sheek Louch, Styles P and Jadakiss of The LOX contribute gritty guest 16s throughout the record. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: have the Ryders succeeded in recapturing that old magic? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the bangers in store on their fifth full-length, available in stores and online as of November 21.
Written by richard on 11/28/11
Seven Arts Music/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lord Give Me A Sign" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.