Last week, Ruff Ryders finally made their official return to the game with Past Present Future, the imprint’s first compilation album since 2005’s The Redemption Vol. 4. After a six-year hiatus, do they still have that spark? On this newly-leaked standout cut, DMX and company set out to answer that very question, demonstrating that, whether together or apart, they’re still some of the World’s Greatest purveyors of urban music. With an unknown beatsmith’s whip-ready, organ-laced production as their backdrop, X trades aggressive bars with longtime colleagues Drag-On and Swizz Beatz as well as recent Double R signee Murda Mook. As if the in-house talent weren’t enough, the labelmates receive guest assistance from a three-pack of fellow Northeastern greats; Sheek Louch, Styles P and Jadakiss of The LOX contribute gritty guest 16s throughout the record. Time to weigh in, Booth readers: have the Ryders succeeded in recapturing that old magic? Then you won’t want to miss the rest of the bangers in store on their fifth full-length, available in stores and online as of November 21.
Seven Arts Music/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lord Give Me A Sign" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.