As a kid you probably wanted to be an astronaut – how’d that work out for you? In the real world our dreams often never come to fruition, but occasionally dreams do come true. Today we have a hip-hop dream come true in the form of I Don’t Dance by DMX, whose fans have been long-awaiting a true comeback from the Yonkers native. Count Bad Boy rising star Machine Gun Kelly as one of the many, a long time die hard fan of Earl Simmons, who recently announced he would be making an appearance on his idol’s new single. Produced by veteran J.R. Rotem, I Don’t Dance is a synth-heavy, up-tempo single which finds DMX discussing the vast differences between him and today’s mainstream rappers, reminding us of his Rap heavyweight status back in the late 90’s. At this time, I Don’t Dance is tentatively slated for inclusion on X’s long-waited comeback album, Undisputed. So will this be the record that begins DMX’s comeback or simply another failed attempt? Only time will tell, but if you’re in the NYC area be sure to check out DMX headlining tonight at SOBs.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
Seven Arts Music/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lord Give Me A Sign" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.