As a genre-crossing pioneer of Reggae and Hip-Hop, South Florida’s DJ GQ has held the “official DJ” title for such big names as Akon, Mr. Cheeks and Kevin Little. Most recently, though, GQ has been on the grind with his Let ‘Em Know mixtape series (20 volumes in all) that follows in the footsteps of both Khaled and Drama. On the first single, Bad Boys, off his forthcoming full-length album, also titled Let ‘Em Know, GQ uses a unique combination of artists, enlisting DMX, along with reggae’s Junior Reid and Dawg E. Slaughter, to bring a special mixture of grit and island flair. Along with solid production from Blackout Movement (This Is Why I’m Hot), this well-done appetizer should tide you over until GQ’s main course is served sometime later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.