As a genre-crossing pioneer of Reggae and Hip-Hop, South Florida’s DJ GQ has held the “official DJ” title for such big names as Akon, Mr. Cheeks and Kevin Little. Most recently, though, GQ has been on the grind with his Let ‘Em Know mixtape series (20 volumes in all) that follows in the footsteps of both Khaled and Drama. On the first single, Bad Boys, off his forthcoming full-length album, also titled Let ‘Em Know, GQ uses a unique combination of artists, enlisting DMX, along with reggae’s Junior Reid and Dawg E. Slaughter, to bring a special mixture of grit and island flair. Along with solid production from Blackout Movement (This Is Why I’m Hot), this well-done appetizer should tide you over until GQ’s main course is served sometime later this year.
Written by Burmy on 01/14/08
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.