When DMX left his recording home at Def Jam for a multiple-album deal at Sony, he brought with what he considered a classic album’s worth of material. Unfortunately, due to several delays, poor single choices and unsatisfactory marketing, X’s sixth studio album, Year of the Dog…Again, was a flop. The Yonkers native has since left the label, however, and is wrapping up the double album, Walk With Me Now And You’ll Fly With Me Later, set for release this August under Bodog Entertainment. The first single, off the Walk With Me Now disc, is the Devine Bars produced, Already. Fans, who are anxiously awaiting the return of a gritty, hard nosed DMX, should be extremely satisfied.
Written by DJ Z on 03/16/08
Submit your Rating
Seven Arts Music/Universal
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Lord Give Me A Sign" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.